"Oh to Grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be.
Let thy goodness, like a fetter
bind my wandering heart to Thee!"


Friday, January 25, 2008

Have You Been Deceived by the Milky Way?

What enemy has slowly and seductively crept into the church? Here is a great word from Pastor Jeff Noblit regarding the condemnation for any attempt to go deeper in the Doctrines of Christ:



After you watch that clip you are probably going to want to hear the entire message...so here you go my friends! Its a two part sermon:



Test yourself...are you glorying in shallowness?

Seriously, I remember around July of last year or so when I was really going through a lot of stuff spiritually as the Lord really began to draw me unto Himself. The more I learned about Jesus, the more I saw how much I had missed the mark all my life when it comes to knowing what it means to be a true follower of Christ. I was so blinded by cultural Christianity that I failed to see the truths of the doctrines of Christ found in the Bible that were waiting to set me free from my bondage. But at the time I was facing some opposition from some people around me and I didn't understand why. And then one of my friends sent me this sermon at the time, and wow, what an encouragement it was able to be in my life. It explains one of the huge problems in the church today and why "going deeper" is almost a cuss word to some congregations.

2 comments:

Jen2 said...

Don't worry sister - though we're few.....we exist!

I feel the similar grief in talking with professors of our faith who, when you bring up the depths of the high calling to which we've been called - find a way to duck out of the conversation or lighten the air.
I feel alone often times....sad that most of the people I know who profess are satisfied with kiddy pool deep doctrine and affections for the precious Christ.

LONG comment...sorry.
All this to say press on, since we know Him who is from the beginning...and the hope of being with Him soon!
love in Christ, from Mpls
Jen

Kirby L. Wallace said...

Wow. I'm seriously coveting your bookshelf. Owen, Pink, et al. Wow.

You'd like chatting with my wife. She (we) read the same stuff.

We'd about decided we were the only ones! ;-)

Bless you...

Kirby L. Wallace